At all levels the awards programme recognises and thank employers who show support to Defence People within their organisation. The levels are:
- Defence Champion
- Distinguised Defence Employer
- The Minister of Defence Award for National Employer Excellence
Defence Champion Awards
These are awarded to those line managers or other supportive individuals who go out of their way to enable reserve force and NZCF service and support Defence People in their organisation. These awards recognize the commitment made to Defence People by individuals and are recognised at a regonal level my notable local personnel.
- Demonstrate pride in their reservist and cadet force officer employees
- Have flexible arrangements with reservsist and cadet force officers to enable service
- Engage with employer support opportunities
Distinguised Defence Employer Awards
Each Regional Employer Support Committee will host an employer awards night which will recognise outstanding employers in each of the eight regions. Employers have to be nominated by their Defence People and meet the requirements for the award. Distinguished employers:
- Show support for service personnel through being flexible around training commitments
- Support service personnel when undergoing specialist courses or training
- Celebrate the employment of Defence People
These award winners will then be considered for the National Employer Excellence Award.
The Minister of Defence Award for National Employer Excellence
The coveted national award recognizes outstanding employers and individuals who, as well as supporting their Defence People, pro actively advocate and support the defence community, have a positive working relationship with NZDF and NZCF personnel, and enable reservists to undertake their valuable military training. These award winners:
- Advocate and support Defence People
- Have a strong relationship with NZDF or NZCF
- Are given outstanding testimonials by their Defence People employees
- Act as enablers of reservist, cadet force, or youth programme activity and demonstrate a positive attitude to recruitment
These awards are measured against strict criteria and will be subject to scrutiny from the DESC and select panels.
Nominate an employer for the 2017 awards!