The Tohu Awards are the annual awards ceremony hosted by the Minister of Defence. These Awards have been previously known as The Minister of Defence Awards for Excellence. The annual ceremony celebrates excellence in our NZDF and industry communities.
The DESC celebrates individuals who have made an Outstanding Contribution from the following Awards Categories:
- Reservist of the Year
- Reservist Employer of the Year - Large Employer Category
- Reservist Employer of the Year - Small Employer Category
- NZ Cadet Force Employer of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution to the Limited Service Volunteers (LSV)
- Employer Contribution to the Limited Service Volunteers (LSV)
How do I nominate someone?
NZDF part-time personnel can nominate other personnel or their employers.
NZDF personnel can email email@example.com to retrieve a nomination form. Your completed form must be escalated through your Chain of Command.
When you submit your completed form to your Chain of Command, ensure you cc: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Chain of Command can submit your form to this email inbox: email@example.com
For information on the 2019 recipients click here
For information on the 2020 recipients click here